CLICK ON PHOTO(S) TO ENLARGE
Manufactured by Lake Martin Storm Shelters in Alexander City, Alabama, the Everest line of safe rooms offers unmatched protection from tornadoes and severe weather. Tested by Intertek Labs including projectile, wind and pressure tests. Fully compliant with FEMA P-320/361 2021 and ICC-500 2020, rated for EF-5 tornadoes. We use ¼” steel plate reinforced with ¼” 2”x2” angle and 8” structural channel. Features include:
- Integral anchor flange. The bottom 4” of the continuous walls are bent inward to form our anchor flange. Creates the strongest bond possible with the slab being anchored to – there is no weld or joint to fail.
- Reinforced in all welded corners and vertically every 2’ along wall panels with ¼” 2”x2” angle steel.
- Top vent covers are 8” structural channel that span from front to back for extra strength and protection. Our ceiling was tested as required by the new criteria – many older designs were not tested for falling impacts.
- Our 6-point reinforced door features bent edges for additional strength, 2×2 welded angle top and bottom plus at each of the three 1” hardened steel slide bolts, commercial deadbolt keyed lock and three 8” welded hinges. Our superior door design not only survived projectile testing but remained fully functional after the mandated hits and still opened easily. Many door designs have passed the testing criteria sustaining damage within acceptable limits but few were still capable of being opened by hand.
- Folding bench is standard.
- Handicap accessible.
- Primed and painted with industrial enamel in a neutral gray color. Custom colors available for a charge.
- 6’4” ceiling height, 6’7” overall height, designed to pass through a standard 7’ high garage door.
- Anchored to your slab using 5” x 5/8” wedge anchors rated at over 14,000 lbs of force.
FEMA now states that having a safe room inside your home or garage offers the best protection because you don’t have to go out into the weather to seek safety. You will also spend the least amount of time in a safe room in your home as compared to other types of shelters.
Everest safe rooms can be installed on an existing slab in your garage or shop as long as it meets requirements or they can be incorporated into new construction anywhere in the floorplan that has a slab foundation. We recognize that timing is critical in a new build and we work with your contractor to avoid delays. We set the safe room within days of the slab being poured, your contractor frames the home around it and we come back after 21 days to anchor the safe room once the slab has fully cured. We don’t charge extra for the return trip to anchor.
4 x 5 (3-5 people)
4 x 6 (4-6 people)
4 x 8 (6-8 people)
5 x 8 (8-10 people)
6 x 8 (9-12 people)